Recently on a project I was working on I came across the need for a jQuery carousel plugin to display some images. I wanted something light weight and stable and an added bonus would be if it was Responsive. I started search around and came across this fantastic plugin.
Rather than talk about it too much, why don’t you just try the demo here:
Some of the features as listed on the project page:
- Fully responsive. Scales with its container.
- Separate settings per breakpoint.
- Uses CSS3 when available. Fully functional when not.
- Swipe enabled. Or disabled, if you prefer.
- Desktop mouse dragging.
- Infinite looping.
- Fully accessible with arrow key navigation.
- Add, remove, filter & unfilter slides.
- Autoplay, dots, arrows, callbacks, etc…
That’s a lot of features to pack into a carousel plugin. With my experience so far I find it’s very stable and works very smoothly compared to other plugins. Particular is on load where other plugins tend to hang or stack the images before the plugin takes effect instead of applying some simple CSS right away to avoid the issue.
The only thing to consider is that this plugin does “weight” quite a bit at ~29Kb minified. I would only recommend it only if your site has a strong need for such features. In particular if you need to have responsive functionality than this plugin can be a life saver and can be worth the large size.